1. For navigation, each ride participant will be provided with a MAP of the course and a downloadable GPX file that can be imported into a GPS, Cycling Computer, or Cycling App (GPX Downloads Below). The ride routes will only be lightly marked on the course (common for gravel grinders). We will have a meeting on the Friday evening before the ride to explain details of the course.
CLICK HERE FOR GPX DOWNLOADS
2. Each rider must carry with them every item on this list, you will not be allowed to start the ride without these supplies:
GPS, cycling computer, or cycling app (for navigation)
Plenty of water
Plenty of food
At least two spare inner tubes (patch kit recommended)
Air pump or inflation system
3. It is HIGHTLY RECOMENDED that each participant have at least one support person at the event that can rescue them should they need to exit the ride at anytime. WE WILL NOT COME GET YOU! If you break down on course you will need to call someone to come get you. Several areas of the course have little or no cell reception, therefore you may be walking to the nearest spot with cell reception. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF!
4. The ride courses provide a challenging test of endurance and self-sufficiency. There will be aid stations along each route where participants can stop for water and other supplies. Riders may check-in a support bag to be dropped off by our team at a predesignated checkpoint on the Cobb Roller and Whole Hog routes. To keep vehicle traffic on the course at a minimum, support teams are only allowed on the course to rescue a rider who is abandoning the ride. There will be Sag riders on each course to offer light support and ride participants may help one another with mechanical, navigational, or any other assistance necessary.
5. Travel along the route by any means other than by bike, or by foot is not allowed in order to qualify for a finisher award.
6. If for any reason you abandon the ride you MUST check in at the finish area to let the event organizers know you are no longer on course to insure EVERYONE is accounted for at the end of the day.
7. The ride route you registered for must be followed at all times. No shortcuts or alternate routes are permitted to qualify for a finisher award.
8. Participants must wear a helmet while riding their bicycle at all times.
9. Participants must obey all laws, and “Rules of the Road”. Participants may encounter light traffic including cars, trucks, and ATV's on the course. All riders must watch for and yield to traffic as necessary.